Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reflection

First, I'm sorry that my past two blogs have been completely devoted to my personality. It can't possibly be the most interesting thing to read about.

Second, I'm really glad that I've written about it. I've received some really good and interesting responses to the "issues" with my personality. I really did want to hear what people had to say, of course, a little bit of that desire was to get confirmation that I was perfect and there was no problem with how I behave. Even though, I didn't get what I wanted, I got what I needed. There was a discussion about personality and learning to accept yourself. Even just in the past two weeks I've begun to accept myself in a way that I never could have before. This in no way means that I'm perfect and don't need to polish who I am. I will always learn to better myself and the way I treat others, but it must be in the context of who I am, not who other people think I should be. It's liberating to know that I don't have to change and that people will love me for who I am.

Third, I love everyone who had something to say. I'm sorry for getting defensive and/or upset at times. That's just part of me learning that not everything is a personal attack on me. I've felt that I wasn't likable for so long that I just assume that everything is a personal attack even when it rarely is. That's something I'm learning again and again as I come to accept that who I am is wonderful and beautiful.

No comments: