Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This is kind of a weird day for me. I'm obligated to call my mother even if I just spoke with her yesterday. The forced phone call tends to leave me with very little to say actually. It just makes everything awkward and forced. I love my mother and spend plenty of time talking to her, but I hate that I'm forced to do it on this day. Okay, it's not that bad. I enjoy treating her nicely and sharing my affections for her, I just don't like the feeling of being obligated.

On the other side of this day is the reminder that I am not yet a mother. I so desire to be a mother; it's been my life long goal. However, it hasn't been in the cards for us yet. It is a blessing though that we haven't had a baby yet. I'm not sure that we could handle all the costs and stresses associated with a baby. We have all the love in the world to give to our children, but children need more than that.

I suppose, this day just brings up a lot of conflicting thoughts and emotions for me. In situations like this I tend to shut it all out. Maybe that is why Mother's Day is a weird day for me. I don't know.

One final thought to all the mothers out there: Love and treasure your children, give them a reason to celebrate you on Mother's Day!

2 comments:

jess said...

The kids will come, and you will be a great mom. :)

But fyi, one of things I respect most about my parents is that they waited for at least 2 years before having kids, and that they planned and prepared for each one of us. Not easy to do-- but I think it made our family life easier.

:)

Renae said...

Oh Tiffany... I love you. I don't really have anything to comment about mother's day... but I wanted to tell you that I love you. :)