Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moved Out!

So, we were up until 2am cleaning our apartment last night. We had to be done by 8am today, which is the only reason we stayed up so late doing it. I hope that we past our inspection. It's hard to clean a whole apartment, but we did it! I'm actually sore from scrubbing and wiping. It's pretty intense.

I suppose that now we're technically homeless. We have a temporary place to stay for a few weeks, so we better know what we're doing by then. Cross your fingers!

It was really sad to leave our home last night for the last time. It's the only place that Eric and I have lived since we've been married. Just 2.5 months short of 3 years. I didn't think I'd cry, but the tears came. I'm going to miss the place, but mostly the people and sense of community there. We loved our ward and we're excited to go back next week since we won't have a ward of our own for now. The people in our ward we're friends and it just made me comfortable to be around them. No other place that we live will be that kind of community, but that's okay. It is a place Eric and I will always remember very fondly.

Now, it's time to move upward and onward. Our next home will be different, but it will be ours together. We'll meet new people and make new friends. Wherever we go next will be another life adventure for us.

No comments: