Monday, July 28, 2008

Clowns and Faces

Tonight Eric and I saw The Dark Knight with some friends. Well, I only saw about 75% of it, the rest of the time my hand was in front of my face. I think that I heard about it being so intense and violent that I was really freaked out going into it. However, I'm clearly desensitized because it wasn't nearly as violent (or as gory) as I expected.

Any slight fear of clowns I had before has been solidified by this film though. I didn't like the idea of someone having a fake smile painted on their face, but it's worse now. Not only do I not know what is going on behind the painted smile I will imagine that the person is demented and evil. I especially hate masks because you really have no clue what is going on behind the mask and that just freaks me out. I have no way to read the person and know how to behave appropriately. I don't know if they're evil and I should run away or if they're a victim in need of help. It's truly a vulnerable situation to be face to face with someone in a mask. Clearly, this movie did nothing to relieve my fears of these things. This movie will be with me forever, just as Little Monsters has made me afraid of getting out of bed.

Last, but not least, is the issue of my last post. Aaron Eckhart is still incredibly attractive, but by the end of this film half his face was missing. (I hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone.) He doesn't look good with only half his real face and half a creepy skeleton like face. That was what kept me from the last 25% of the film. I was trying to avoid his creepy side. It's too bad we had to see such a good looking man like that. On the issue of Christian Bale I still stand by what I said. Sure, he's attractive, but his face is too round. I need more structure and strength in the face. I don't like it when the face narrows at the chin. I need a strong jaw. So, essentially I will choose the man with half a face to the man who has half his face covered. Hmm...

4 comments:

Jenni Anderson said...

Half a face would be fine as long as the butt-chin was gone.

I still prefer Christian Bale, with or without the mask. However, I don't mind the mask, it's his mouth that is so sexy anyway.

lollipoplover said...

i think christian bale gets better looking every time i see him. i don't know if it is those dark, soulful eyes, a chin that even a mask on could cut glass, or the most kissable lips on the planet. i don't know.
how would kissing a half face work exactly?

Tiffany said...

You are guys are all very funny. I don't think I would kiss either of them. I was totally grossed out by Two Face's creepy face, but that doesn't make me think Christian Bale is any hotter. Oh well, I'm just weird. And yes, Sam, I think that gives him only one butt cheek for his chin. Not too bad.

Meredith said...

yeah, I only saw 75% of it too! Scary thing--clowns are.