Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Disneyland Part 2

Okay, so after we changed we went back to our car to put our wet clothes away. When we came back to the park we felt renewed and ready to start the rest of our day. We were late for our fast pass tickets to Space Mountain but we tried anyway. It turns out that you can use them late. We rode and this time was much better. It went faster and was just crazy fun! I still kept my eyes closed most of the time, but it was great. After that we hopped on the monorail and went over to Disney's California Adventure Park. We went straight back to California Screamin'. It's probably my favorite roller coaster ever. Also, I think it was the first ride I ever went upside down in. Anyway, the line was kind of long and we could get fast passes and then go ride Toy Story Mania. Seriously, this is like the best new ride ever. So, we wanted in line for about 45 minutes. Talked to my brother, Adam, on the phone while in line. That helped the time go faster. So then we did Screamin' which was probably the best time I've ever had on that ride. I'm not sure what was so great, but I just totally enjoyed it and the freedom I felt on the ride. The day was starting to shape up into a splendid time. We checked out the line from some other rides but didn't want to wait or come back so we went back to Disneyland. We had fast passes for the Indiana Jones ride. This is where the afternoon got interesting. While on our way to the ride I noticed some sort of paper laying on the ground. It kind of looked like money, so I picked it up to see. It was definitely cash, but I didn't know what to do with it so I gave it to Eric for safe keeping. Once we discovered it was more than $50 the conflict began. What do we do with the money? We agonized for quite awhile and asked several park employees. Eventually we turned it over because I knew I'd feel too guilty if I didn't. We watch the fireworks that night and rode Thunder Mountain. It was a crazy, but pleasant day. Seriously, it was like a full week of vacation packed into one day. I love Disneyland so much and can't wait to go back again soon. I need to work there I think; or something.



Notes if you're going to the park:


  1. Use the Fast Pass feature! Don't wait in really long lines, there is no need for that.

  2. Just have a blast!

  3. Use a map to move around the park if you're unfamiliar.

  4. Ride your favorite rides as many times as you can.

  5. If you need any other tips or have questions feel free to ask me. I love this place!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

If you want to get the most out of your time at Disneyland and California Adventure, got to ridemax.com and pay $15 to download the software for 3 months or $25 for a year. Use it as often as you want and shave hours (literally) off your time waiting in lines. We used it for a family trip with 18 people last year and then for Mary Lee's family's trip too. We weren't sure how it would work...especially with so many...but it was AWESOME! Ask my mom or M. Lee if you want. So worth the pitance we paid for it. I'll never go to Disneyland without it again!

Tiffany said...

That's cool Hilary. How does it work though?

Hilary said...

You select the park you want and the date you'll be there (you have unlimited use for the 3 months so you can do both parks and however many dates). Then you select your timeline...in and out of the park, if you're willing to get there early, lunch/nap/parade breaks, whether you'll walk slow or fast, whether you have a runner to go get fast passes for the whole group, if you're willing to use fast passes after the time on the pass, etc. Then you choose which rides you want to go on that day and even other attractions like shows. The program will give you a schedule telling you where to go when and when to get fast passes to cut your wait time down. We went on everything we wanted to at least once in both parks in 3 days. I tried doing something like it on my own a couple of years ago, but we still spent an hour waiting to ride peter pan (the most popular ride in Fantasy Land). When we used Ride Max, it was still our longest wait, but it was only 20 minutes. We walked right on most things...including the Finding Nemo Submarines and Star Tours, Space Mountain (twice), Splash Mountain (3 times). We waited 10 minutes for Indiana Jones twice, and only about 8 minutes for the Haunted Mansion. Flying Dumbo was only 12 minutes, compared to the usual 45. It was like that all three days. We were all skeptical at first, but now we're all believers!

Tiffany said...

Hilary, that's very cool. I looked them up and it seems like a great thing, especially if you're not very familiar with the park. Now that we live down here and have been several times this year we are pretty confident in our ability to get around quickly and get on the rides we want. However, if we were going to go during a busy season it would be a huge advantage.