Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"The Valley"

So, I just wanted to write a little something about where we live and how cool it is. We live in the San Fernando Valley. This is "the valley". You know, the one that Cher mentions in Clueless when she gets stuck at that gas station after the party? Yeah, that's where we live. Although, don't let this picture fool you. It's a very large valley. We live just over the hill from Los Angeles. We can actually just drive up the hill to get to Beverly Hills. We can be to Santa Monica in about 30 minutes or Hollywood in 15-20 minutes.

It's really cool living here because it feels somewhat secluded from the chaos of LA, but we're still so close. I also love that after living here for a month I'm really starting to know where I'm going. I can take back roads and still make it home okay. Sometimes I like it when we take the wrong road or go a different way because then we get a little bit more familiar with the area. It's a huge area. Let me show you another picture. This is a vista of the San Fernando Valley, but it only shows part of the valley. We live to the east of here. It's so massive, but it feels much smaller when you're living in it.

I just wanted to let you all know about how cool it is to be living out here. We're excited for our lives here. We hope can all come visit and enjoy everything we get to enjoy as well.

3 comments:

Renae said...

huh, that's pretty cool. I'm glad you showed that. I knew where you were but... not really. That would be so fun to be living somewhere different... and by different I mean not Provo...

Unknown said...

Like, I totally know what you're talking about cause I live therem like, also.
Like cool.

Meredith said...

Hey Tiffany!

I (for some reason) didn't realize that you were in CA now. I am in Ventura, about 45 minutes north of the valley. I am actually applying for a few jobs in the valley. Fun stuff. Anyway, cool that we live kinda near each other. :-)