Thursday, October 16, 2008

Being Needed

So, last night I was thinking a lot about working and what not. I was thinking because I had two interviews today. (They went really well, but we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.) I realized last night that one of the things I need and have been missing is interaction with other people. I've stayed home alone all day, everyday this week. It just gets so lonely sometimes, especially for me. I don't just want interaction, I need interaction.

In a further pondering, spiritual moment I had last night I realized further that I need to help people. I can't just talk about the weather with them. I need to know about their lives, what problems they're having and how I can help them. I don't know why I, out of all the people that have and will ever exist, was given the ability to talk to people and understand them to the point of being able to make a difference. However, not knowing why this is my gift does not absolve me from the responsibility and the blessing. I want to help others and bless their lives. I'm greatly satisfied knowing that I have helped someone. I'm probably more satisfied (and thus arrogant) than I should be.

In realizing this I know that I need a job soon to fulfill this need I have to interact with lots of different people, but also to help them. I may not be able to help people as much in my work, but I know there are other ways. I could get involved with community service or non-profit groups. Even easier would be to get involved at church and meet more people and fill the gap where I am needed. I just know in my heart that I am needed somewhere for someone and it's driving me crazy not knowing where to go next.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need you. But I'm sure there is more out there that you need as well. I'm sure you got one, if not both, of those jobs. And I'm sure that you will be able to fulfill your desire to help (because that is the kind of wonderful person you are).

L. Laws said...

this is one of the great things i noticed about you back when we got to hang out all the time feeding people.

i enjoy reading your blog and hope all is well in sunny california!