Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My hubby!

Something got me thinking today about if I could survive without Eric. Not necessarily if he died, but we were separated by time, distance, parallel universes or whatever. At first I thought sure I’d be fine. I could take care of myself. It would be a little sad when I wanted a kiss or a hug and he wouldn’t be there, but I’d survive. Then, I thought about how hard it would be when I was sad or having a bad day. It would be hard to not have my support system there, but again I would survive because I’ve done it all alone before. Then, I had a scary thought come to me. If we were separated, but I knew Eric was hurt, sad, depressed or whatever I would go insane. Just thinking about it made filled me with frustration. I wanted to reach out to him to make it all better, but I couldn’t. If we weren’t together and he needed me I would feel so powerless and out of control. I always want to be there for him to pick up his pieces. I realized as I was going through these emotions that I really do love Eric. Not like I didn’t know before, but this was a clear indication that I love him completely, more than I love myself. I can struggle and hurt, but never in a million years do I want him to struggle with anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the exact same way. Even if we have some tough times, I am always trying to put you first and I only want to make you happy. I really love and appreciate you!

pam said...

That's so sweet. I feel the same way about Shawn. I would take millions of bad, hard days before I would ever wish those days on Shawn.