Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Outrage

Last night at the gym I was just watching Larry King Live while I pushed myself on the elliptical machine. Then, there was a commercial about a couple with this completely wretched husband. The kind of guy you see a grandma smacking with her purse. Anyway, as he leaves the wife winks at this guy at the restaurant bar. Then, the product is named. It's for a website with the slogan, "When divorce isn't an option." I'm not going to list the website because it's absolutely disgusting. I couldn't believe what I thought it was, but I saw it again tonight. I checked it out when I got home. It's absolutely a website for married individuals to find someone else to have an affair with. It's in complete promotion of extra-marital affairs.

I'm just so appalled that someone saw a need for that "service". It's more appalling that they are doing enough business that they can afford advertising. It just can't even express in words how unbelievably angry that website makes me. People should not be having affairs. I think if there is a problem in a marriage the couple need to try to work it out and not add onto the problems. There are all sorts of moral issues that I won't even get into here. I suppose also I just hate how people these days feel like they can just escape their problems but doing whatever pleases them. As the adage goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

5 comments:

Mimsy said...

I have seen that commercial and felt very similar. Unfortunately there are other sites out there that promote not only infidelity but basically prostitution. I don't remember the site (which is actually a blessing) but it's where rich people can go to find people to be sugar daddies and mommies to in exchange for affection and companionship. Sex for money or gifts? I dunno about you, but that certainly sounds like prostitution to me!

What happened to the good old days when we could actually punish someone for adultery?

Lawsy said...

Ugh. That is disgusting and wholly upsetting.

Renae said...

There was something about this in the news around here. I guess a few of the local radio stations have been doing advertising for a website like that, it may be the same one, I don't know. Anyway... I was totally appalled when I heard about it too. I think it's disgusting. It's really really sad.

If you want to see a good movie about repairing marriage and NOT getting a divorce (or having an affair) you should watch Fireproof. Kyle and I rented it from Redbox last week. I cried through most of it. It had a good message. It was definitely produced by some Christian group, it has a lot of references to Christ and the Bible. It's definitely a movie worth watching.

Tiffany said...

Thank you all for your comments. It's just ridiculous this world we live in.
Thanks for the movie suggestion Renae. Eric and I will have to watch it sometime.

pam said...

So ... I saw this on The View. I was appalled too! They actually had the owner/founder/creator (whatever he is) of the website on the show. He was totally confident in his website and it's services. He saw nothing wrong with it. The ladies on The View and the audience were all dying over it. They were all very angry. Whoopi had to settle the audience down a few times. Anyway, he mentioned that if some guy didn't get the intimacy he wanted from his wife over the weekend, then he could go to that website on Monday morning and find what he is looking for. WHAT????????? I was SO MAD!!! I couldn't believe it either. It's so so so so so horrible. I'm so glad that I'm married to a wonderful husband and that we look only to each other for our happiness, friendship, and lovin!