Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Economy

For many of you who read my blog this probably isn’t your thing, but it matters to me. I read this article this morning. For me it was frustrating to see that our government had been foolish in spending all this “bailout” money. You can’t just throw money at the problem to make it go away. I’m a fiscal conservative. I don’t believe in big government or big government spending. I really believe that money should have gone into job creation. I mean just look at the infrastructure of our nation. It’s completely falling apart in some ways. I’m not an expert, but I think there were better options for how to heal this economy. People need to feel stable financially before this economy will stabilize. The only way for people to have financial stability is to get them back to work and have them working in jobs they aren’t afraid to lose. Until people have the money to pay off their debts and what not the banks need to continue to be scrupulous in their loaning of money. It’s not going to be easy, but giving more money to banks is not the answer. It is not the most efficient way to put money back into the economy.

3 comments:

pam said...

I totally agree with you!

Unknown said...

I'll take a job. I don't really care about stimulus money, that can be spent foolishly in an afternoon.
What I want is some security in a stable job that will yield me rent money for the next umpteen years.

Tiffany said...

Eric, you are totally right. Who cares if the government can give the banks money to lend us if we can't pay it back because you can't get a job. It just doesn't make much sense right now. People need job! How does President Obama not see that? I know he's trying, but maybe he's not trying the right way.