Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sacrifice

So, I kind of realized at the temple yesterday that we need to wait on an apartment as a sacrifice. (I kind of simplified this for the sake of not explaining it all, so just go with me on this.) I'm not sure what we're sacrificing for, but I know there is a reason. The definition of sacrifice is to give up one thing for something better. The thing we give up is usually something we really want or even need. Eric and I really want and even need a place to live. However, we feel strongly that we should just wait and sacrifice what we want now for something better to come along.

The good news is that something good might be coming along sooner than we originally thought. Eric met a guy at church today that manages an apartment complex and he happens to have an apartment available to rent in the right price range for us. The guy also has a fridge that he's trying to get rid of that we could probably have. It's also in our friends' ward and stuff. Overall, it sounds like a good deal. We'll go check it out tomorrow and see if we like it and stuff. Maybe this is the answer, maybe it's not. I'm just trying to have patience and not give in as soon as we think we've found a place. I'll keep you all updated.

No comments: