Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gluten Free

For health reasons I decided I needed to try to give up allergens for real this year. On January 1, 2013 I gave up soy. Including regular chocolates with soy lecithin. I haven't had a candy bar since then, at least not the standard ones. I did find some chocolate chips that are soy free, so that's been exciting. On January 6th I decided I needed to try going gluten free too just to see what would happen. So, I've been soy free and gluten free since then. Holy cow! Talk about a life change. Actually that's not true. It has been a reasonably easy transition. It makes going out to eat very tricky, but it's okay and less expensive to just eat at home. In n Out and Poquito Mas has been a life saver though. It's fun learning to cook differently. I'm learning new things and trying new recipes. It's really awesome. I still crave things that are normal, but I have to find a new way to make it or find recipes. It's not too hard, but I have fun. So, I think a lot of my posts from now on will be recipes and products I've found and tested myself. Just because you can't eat the standard American diet doesn't mean you have to miss out on favorites. That's for sure!!

So, challenge me. Ask me for ideas and recipes. I'd like to share as much as I can.

No comments: