Thursday, July 29, 2010

If You Really Knew Me...

I've started watching the new MTV show "If You Really Knew Me". In it they help students break down boundaries, which in turn leads them to know each other better and have less animosity in the school. It's basically a reality show version of The Breakfast Club, but without the detention.
This quote this morning sums it all up.
"If men could only know each other, they would neither idolize nor hate." - Elbert Hubbard

I guess I wanted to try this activity for myself. I think I'm so desperate for people to see who I am and I think the real me is hidden beneath the intial projection of myself.

This is how I think people view me: semi-confident, fun, a jokester, and sassy. On the other hand, I think I come off as a bit negative, whiney, lazy, dramatic, too serious, etc.

I think at times those are all true. Although I definitely prefer the first set of characteristics and I hope those come out the most.

If you really knew me though you would know there is a deeper side to me. Out of this place comes love, an overwhelming amount of love for other people. I want people to be happy and to have all the best life has to offer. I want to help and make their lives happier. I just want to love everyone ever. I am filled with compassion for those that suffer. That's who I really am beneath the less than pleasant parts of me.

And for the record I am totally sassy and don't take much too seriously. I get stressed out about things, but beyond that I'm not much bothered. Everything is available for joke in my opinion.

Anyway, that's me. Who are you?

3 comments:

The Mannetts said...

Tiffany-
I think you are the person you are describing. When you were my visiting teacher I always felt a feeling of love and concern for me. You were there whenever I needed you, like a drive to the mechanic or to get a recipe! I also think you are quite hilarious and sassy!! I kind of miss the good old days of Wymount!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Ruth! I'm happy to know that you felt the love and that I was actually helpful! It's good to know that I really am the person I want to be. Thanks again!

SUKA KETAWA said...

yes, it's better to be yourself