Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love Languages

So, if you know me then you probably know I’m not much of a huggy person. I always feel awkward and clumsy when I give hugs. I love hugging Eric, but that’s because I do that a lot that it’s natural and easy. It’s not that I don’t love you or want to hug you it’s that I feel weird like I’m going to do it wrong. My husbands extended family would not accept that so I’ve learned to hug a lot more and be more open about it. Good thing since most people in LA hug. I’m getting more used to it, but I’m still not so great at it.

As I was thinking the other night I realized that’s just not how I show love for people. I do have a great love for all people. I know with my bold opinions it might not always seem that I’m filled with love, but I assure you that I am. Turns out I like to cook for those I love. If I’ve ever offered to cook you a meal then know that I really love you. Sharing food is very intimate and it means a lot that I bring you into that part of my life. Grocery shopping, preparing and serving food is a show of my love for people. Really, it’s totally true!

What do you think about that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I get both food AND hugs. I'm awesome!

Tiffany said...

Eric you are awesome! That is why you always get both.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.