Monday, January 25, 2010

American Pride Cycle

So, I read an article last week. Now, I can't seem to find it. Basically it was describing how no democracy has lasted much more than 200 years. Eventually they all destroy themselves. They become large and arrogant and declare wars they cannot sustain. If you know the article I'm talking about and you have a link, please let me know so I can post it. Thanks!

The reason this article caught my eye was how simply it described America in the pride cycle. If you've ever read the Book of Mormon you know exactly how this cycle works and we are not in a good place on that cycle. Our society is about to implode and we'll all pay the consequences for it. We are a prideful people and it is now time we turn to God to get us out of the mess we have created for ourselves.

I apologize if this comes off as alarmist, but now is the time for alarm, not when the crisis is upon us. Let me know your thoughts and if you think we're in a better place than I do.

No comments: