Monday, March 17, 2008

Film Crew

Alright, so, I'm a little sad after this weekend. This past weekend I was helping my husband out on a film shoot for a student film that he is producing. I was in charge of all the food on set and making sure that people stayed full and happy. Also, I bought a lot of caffeinated sodas to keep them awake when we were up until 4am. I helped out the prior weekend too. Anyway, I really grew to love and appreciate the people I was with. They are hilarious and entertaining, especially after midnight. When you're with people for at least 14 hours a day for several days you really start to enjoy their company. They also celebrated my birthday with me on Friday. I made 48 cupcakes and we ate them with our pizza for dinner. They sang happy birthday to me. I really felt like part of the group and that I added something to the quality of the overall production. I'm truly going to miss them all. I'm excited for a few pick-up days and a wrap party to at least see them all again.
The saddest part for me was realizing today that they all get to see each other all the time at school, but I go off to my regular job. I like the friends and acquaintances I made, but I won't see them too often now. That is something tough about the film business; you get a short-time with everyone that you fall in love with as friends and then when it's over you split off and go back to doing your own things. I went through this last year when Eric directed a play. I still miss some of those people, but I don't think about it nearly as much.
The best part of all this is though is that I constantly get to meet new people and make new friends. I really love meeting new people and learning from them. It's so exciting and when they're famous I'll get to tell people that I knew them way back when. It's good stuff and I can't complain about the opportunity to experience what I did.

1 comment:

jess said...

I miss you too! And I feel your pain-- I didn't know what I had until I graduated-- I got to spend time with them ALL the time, and now its only every once and a while. Oh, to only be on film crews all the time, and have you take care of my meals all the time (they were so good!)-- convince Eric to do a feature, and hire all of us! Quick!