Sunday, November 16, 2008

This Past Week

This past week was my first full week at my new job. Overall, I would say it went well. Monday and Wednesday I helped out in the accounting office. They were behind because they're moving all the companies accounting to this office and not separated to each of the other offices. I also spent 3 days doing my job as receptionist. Tuesday was a bit intimidating, but Thursday was great. I really felt on the ball with stuff and handled many different things at the same time. Friday, now that was just a bad day for everyone. There was a rude driver behind me on my way to work, Eric was at home not feeling well and then it just went downhill from there. For the most part I handled my job well, but it just wasn't happy. I'm still learning and I enjoy it, but we all have bad days at work. It's been a good weekend though so I'm ready to go back tomorrow and try at it again.

It was a pretty crazy week besides work too. Monday night we had F.H.E. at our friends place. So, we came home and made dinner then went to their place until about 10pm. When we got home it was time for bed. Tuesday we went to a special screening for the movie Slumdog Millionaire. It was a really good movie. We didn't find out until the next morning that it was going to be rated R. I think it's rated that because there is some violence, not too intense, but it was there. I think even with that it was a sweet movie with a good ending. It definitely leaves you with hope. Anyway, on Wednesday night I came home and prepared some dinner to go in the crock pot. After I got that ready I went and picked up Eric to go to a blood drive for our stake. His scheduled time was 7:30pm. We got there about 7:15 and he filled out his paperwork. (I can't give blood, but I was there to support him.) We had to wait about 2 hours before Eric was able to give blood. The line was just so long, but at least we had friends there so it didn't seem like it was really all that long. Eric pumped really fast, but near the end he got a little faint and so they put his gurney down and feet up. One of the ladies started giving him lots of juice while he was laying there. I finally stepped in to help him out too. It was so hard to see him like that. Every time he tried to sit up for the juice he would shake so much. I think he was just really weak. He finally felt well enough to leave. Thursday though was a different story. By the end of the day he just felt sick and faint. I picked him up from work and we got some dinner. We finally had a night to just be home. We watched The Office and 30 Rock. It was a good night. Since then we've just been enjoying our down time. I'm grateful to not have such a packed week coming up. It will be nice to have some breathing room for once.

1 comment:

Eric Anderson said...

I hear that!
Thank you for being there to support me and drive me around when I felt sick. You're an awesome wife and I couldn't have asked for a better companion in this world.
I hope to afford you the ability to stay home and take care of our children soon. I guess that means a job for me right? Oh well, I want a job.